When it comes to gambling, nothing beats a good card game like Blackjack. When it comes to sweet treats, nothing beats a good flapjack. So why not combine the two? Blackjack flapjacks are the perfect snack to serve at a casino themed party or event, or just to enjoy by yourself because they’re so delicious! Want to know how to make them? Of course you do! It’s simple…
This recipe makes 12 flapjacks. To make the flapjacks you will need the following:
- 125 grams of brown sugar
- 125 grams of butter
- 250 grams of porridge oats
- 2-3 tablespoons of golden syrup (this is a personal preference depending how sticky and gooey you want your flapjacks to be!)
- Red, green, white, black and red icing pens
1) Prior to making the flapjacks, grease a baking tin with butter or line it with greaseproof paper. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2) Using a food processor, mix up the butter, brown sugar, golden syrup and porridge oats together. Keep blending together until the ingredients are properly mixed together but it is very important that you don’t over mix the ingredients as you don’t want to lose the texture of the oats.
3) Spoon the blended mixture into the pre prepared tin. Using a spoon make sure you spread and flatten the mixture to the very edges and corners of the tin. Then, using a knife, score out twelve squares into the mixture.
4) Put the mixture in the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes. When they’re ready, they’ll be golden brown.
5) Remove from the oven and pop into the fridge overnight to cool down and harden.
6) Time to ice! You want a playing card design on top of each piece of flapjack, so using the appropriate colours, ice on numbers, aces, hearts, kings, queens and jokers in vivid reds and greens!
7) Serve up and enjoy.