Pizzas are amazing. Fact. And making little mini ones that can be used as a snack-time treat or a lunch box extra make them even better. And you thought that was impossible! This recipe is ideal for those times when nothing but a pizza will do – but you can’t justify ordering a whole one… Apparently, those times do exist. So here you go – enjoy!
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 4 flour tortillas (the 8-inch size is great)
- 1 cup of pizza sauce
- ¾ cup of mozzarella (grated)
- ¼ cup fresh Parmesan (grated)
- 36 mini pepperonis
- Preheat your oven to 425oF. While that’s heating up, use a little oil to grease a 12 cup muffin tin. If you would rather not use oil, use a non-stick spray.
- Lay one tortilla out on a flat surface and cut out around 3-4 discs. Use a cookie cutter or an empty tin can. Do this to each of the tortillas so that you end up with 12 discs.
- Place each tortilla disc into the muffin tin, then spoon one tablespoon of pizza sauce into the tortilla cup that you have made.
- Sprinkle both the parmesan and mozzarella cheeses over the top and finally add a few mini pepperonis (3 seem to fit just right).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden. Serve straight away.
Don’t forget you can also use these pizzas are bases for a whole range of different toppings. Why not host a pizza-making competition at your next party and challenge your guests to make the most delicious pizza? I’m thinking extra mozzarella, spinach, pesto, sundried tomatoes… I can practically taste it right now! Alternatively, cover your mini deep dish pizzas in pulled pork and bbq sauce. Damnit, I knew I should have been a pizza chef!